Re: 1997 UBC Question

Your elevated piece of equipment is an ELEMENT of a STRUCTURE, i.e., the
structure supports the element

h-sub-x is the ELEMENT attachment elevation

h-sub-r is the STRUCTURE elevation with respect to grade.

See the 1999 SEAOC Blue Book, Section C107 for more extensive background.

See the SEAOC Design Manual Volume 1, Examples 37 and 38 for sample
calculations.

Regards,

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

"Ritter, Mike" <mritter(--nospam--at)lgt.lg.com> on 01/31/2000 08:32:17 AM