RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

Thanks, Charlie. This clears up a lot of things. Such as:

>Gets into strength and stiffness.
This really breaks my heart. I'm so fond of the bugger factor library
approach, so I don't have to understand applied mechanics. ;->

>A broader selection of details to assess fatigue categories. A better
>explanation of what details fall into what categories and why. The ability
>to calculate permitted stress ranges rather than just using the old
>tabulated stair-step approach,
Damn fine. This approach makes much better use of fatigue test data than
guessing an appropriate SCF for polished bar test results. (How about the
term 'limit jungle' rather than 'limit state' referring to areas like
fatigue where the criteria are a continuum?)

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw