RE: Autocad Layering Standards for Struc

Dennis Wish wrote:

>>It does not sound like you are using Autocad 2000.<<

Of course not!  It requires Windoze and I don't use Windoze unless I
absolutely have to.  In fact, it is not even on two of my three computers.

I use R12 --- have not even loaded R13DOS because of its Windoze-like
interface.  I know what I want to do, and I don't want to have to guess what
pull-down menu *might* contain the command that I want, then point and click
a half dozen times to do what I can do in two or three keystrokes.  The
on-screen menu for my DOS versions of AutoCAD has been disabled for several
versions as I never used it.  I shake my head in amazement when I see how
many manipulations your Windoze users have to go thru to accomplish simple
tasks.

I use WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS) and don't use WordPerfect 6.1 (DOS), except to
convert WordPerfect files to 5.1, because of its Windoze-like interface.

My rant against Windoze!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona