RE: AISC 1999 LRFD Spec.

Tha ballot of the 1999 LRFD Specification is just now being finalized. Then it has to be printed. Then a Manual has to be written around it. I expect that you'll be able to get a copy of the finalized specification some time this summer. Watch Modern Steel Construction magazine for an announcement. As far as the Manual goes, it will take us to about the end of this year to write the manuscript. Printing will then run it into being available (I'm anticipating) by the Spring of 2001.

Charlie
-----Original Message-----
From: fabricio rosales [mailto:frosales(--nospam--at)webtelmex.net.mx]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 5:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AISC 1999 LRFD Spec.

Charlie,

I have been reading your interesting comments on the list, and in the last one you have pointed out a very important issue:

>Since then, there have been two revisions of the LRFD Speciication: the 1993 revision (in print) and the 1999 revision (being >finalized right now). In each of those revisions, a little more has been added that differentiates LRFD from ASD. The 1999 LRFD >Specification will have, among other things, explicit treatment of srength and stiffness requirements for stability bracing for beams, >columns, frames, etc., a section on evaluation and load testing of existing structures, and a major improvement to fatigue >provisions.

When it is expected to be published (and when AISC is expecting to sell it), and which other major changes are addressed on it.

Fabricio Rosales
Structural Engineering Consultant