Wood Truss Rafter Center Uplift

I am designing two story motel type structure which has a interior center
corridor.  It will be constructed of wood framing.  The roof will have metal
press plate truss rafters at 2'-0" o.c.  The bearing walls for the floor
framing are the exterior longitudinal walls and the interior corridor wall.
I am trying to decide whether to clear span the roof rafters to the exterior
walls (50 ft. span) or use the interior corridor bearing walls.  My concern
is "Roof Truss Uplift" at the corridor due to fluctuations in the moisture
content.  My options would be to clear span the building and detail the
corridor/truss connection to allow the uplift to occur without picking up the
partition, or to break the truss into two pieces and simple span to the
corridor.

What are your suggestions?

Perhaps someone from WTCA can give some advise also?

Rich

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org