Re: Autocad Layering Standards for Structural

On the subject of Autocad for structural drawings, does anybody know of any
reference or textbook/manual for structural cad drafting. After taking the
basic Autocad class, I'm now doing some of my structural drafting. I'd like
to know if others have a quick and easy method of converting architectural
drawings to structural base sheets, how to organize them for easy editing and
filing, adding structural layers, making and inserting structural
blocks(posts, beams,joist, detail bubbles, etc.), using x-reference, model
and paper space, etc. Are there typical structural details in cad
available(mainly wood) for sale? Is there a List or Group that I can join to
exchange and learn tips, standards, software, etc.?

My foundation layers are:

FDN1-SOLID
FDN2-DASHED
AB
HD
POST
COL
NOTE
ETC...
For the wall lines, I x-reference the arch'l wall line layers.

Framing layers:

PLYWOOD
PARAPET
JST
RFT
TRUSS
BM
POST
COL
SHEAR WALL
NOTE
ETC...

Again, I use x-reference of arch'l wall layers above and below the framing
level.

Ernie Natividad