RE: Retaining Wall Code Requirements

Code or not I would put bars in both faces.  I wouldn't use much vertical
reinforcement in the exposed face, just enough to support the horizontal
bars that I would want in the front face to help control shrinkage cracks in
the exposed face as well as to restrain expansion and contraction due to
temperature changes in the exposed face.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703