Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Tek Screws

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Does anybody know if there is a standard that can be specified for self
drilling screws.  I am looking at diaphragm deck fasteners.  The
diaphragm deck manual published by the Steel Deck Institute specifically
calls out ITWBuildex-TEK screws.  This is a trade name.  I want to leave
the option open for other (possible more available) trade names, but I
can't find a standard that screws are all manufactured to.  If one is
not in existence, I don't want to be forced into using a specific trade
name, so I would probably call out a minimum shear strength and diameter
for the screws.  Does anybody have comments on the best way to call this

Zach Goswick