RE:Charlie Carter,Current construction costs

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] The response from Mr. Carter, http://www.engr.psu.edu/ae/steelstuff/economy.htm leads to an interesting site. It had many good points, primarily one involving cost comparisons when using shear studs. "On average, one installed shear stud equates to 10 lb of steel" (partially composite) this will be a great tool for me. One problem I have is comparing joists vs. steel beams. Does anyone have a good rule of thumb to compare the cost of joists to steel beams? Perhaps something simple like the composite comparison?