RE: Overturning check

Allowable load combinations are used to check overturning.  There is no code
requirement to use a stability ratio over 1.0 for seismic.   This is discussed
in 1997 UBC section 1629.1  The allowable stress combinations of section 1612.3
are used.  By the way, a combination 12-16-1 has been added to the UBC:  0.90 D
+ E/1.4

Ed Haninger
Fluor Daniel
Aliso Viejo, CA

"Khosrownia, Ghassem SPK" <GKhosrownia(--nospam--at)spk.usace.army.mil> on 02/02/2000
08:39:29 AM