RE: UBC 1630, Ev Question

Thanks, Mike Valley, for sharing your perspective on the subject question,
not just about the technical aspects, but on the competing philosophies that
have been and still are at play in how the code reads.

This is one of the most illuminating postings to date on life and times in
the codewriting world, and is truly refreshing and encouraging to have
revealed. So there really is a human side to code origination. I feel relief
from some of my accumulated hostility toward codewriters to have this inside
story of the process itself told with such candor.

Your comfortable use of the word "politics" seems entirely appropriate, and
in no way disparaging of the necessary interplay of competing code
formulation desires among all the people involved.

Charles O. Greenlaw  SE    Sacramento CA