Basement wall foundation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Basement wall foundation
- From: "Julian Chu" <julian(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:39:51 -0800
We are evaluating an existing basement garage structure with concrete decking built 11 years ago. The basement wall footing is 12" deep and 30" wide. The walls are 9'-4" high 12" thick masonry block walls. All the perimeter walls are also served as retaining walls. The original structural details show only one continuous #5 rebar in the wall footings. Both the owner and us are not comfortable with it.
Can someone give us any retrofitting suggestion? It is a huge garage. The perimeter wall length is around 5000 feet.
Thanks in advance!
Newport Beach, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Barbados Wind
- Next by Subject: Basement wall foundation
- Previous by thread: RE: Masonry infill walls
- Next by thread: Basement wall foundation