horizontal diaphragm deflection

I am trying to get the right diaphragm deflection for a plywood roof using
the 1997 UBC section 23.222.

The reference examples I have in front of me are:
1.  "Guidelines for the design of horizontal wood diaphragms" by the Applied
Technology Council - September 1981
2.  "Diaphragms and shearwalls, design and construction guide" by the A.P.A.

In the ATC document there is an example on pages 97-101 in which there is a
different "v" value used in the bending delta and in the shear delta.  They
also use the average shear in the diaphragm (not the max shear at the
perimeter of the diaphragm) to get to the nail slip "en" value.

In the APA document there is an example on page 21 in which the same "v"
value is used in the bending delta and in the shear delta.  They use the
maximum shear at the perimeter of the diaphragm to get to the nail slip "en"
value.

I am curious what other people out there are doing and if anyone knows of a
good example calculation.

Thank you for your time.

David Adie
dadie(--nospam--at)bjgse.com