Re: ASD vs LRFD...my simple test

>I optimized a
>typical bay of roof framing using ASD, and then tried LRFD.  Know what?
>I got the exact same member sizes!  I guess that might not be a surprise
>to some of you, but it was to me.
It doesn't surprize me all that much, having gone through 'Essentials of
LRFD.' Yours is the first actual test reported here, and I'm grateful for
your reinforcing my particular prejudice. I still doubt that real
structural design margins have changed a small fraction as much as the
vocabulary.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw