From: NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:NRoselund(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 10:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Masonry infill walls

William,

If the terra cotta is hollow clay tile blocks, specimens can be tested in
accordance with ASTM C112 to determine whether they comply with ASTM C34 for

Structural Clay Load-bearing Wall Tile.  Compliance would indicate that the
infills probably have useful structural strength as infill bracing elements.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer