RE: Welded Crane Beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Welded Crane Beam
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:00:44 -0600
>I have noticed that welded crane beam connections are always isolated by bolts.
>Is this completely an issue of fatigue [or can] welds [be designed] for
>the appropriate stress level...
Yes, it is a fatigue issue. Dave Ricker wrote a great paper on crane girders in the AISC Engineering Journal called "Tips for Avoiding Crane Runway Problems". It was in the 4th quarter 1982 issue. He addressed this issue and many others.
P.S. If you don't have that paper, issue or the AISC Engineering Journal in your library, you can get that paper, that issue, subscribe, etc. by calling Emma Cooley (312/670-5444) here at AISC.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Welded Crane Beam
- Next by Subject: Welding & TI 809-26
- Previous by thread: Re: Welded Crane Beam
- Next by thread: teel beams from a European steel plant