"R" Value for Cross Bracing

I am checking a Metal-Structure building. It is similar to a Butler Building
where there are no bearing walls and beams and columns support the entire
roof.

The building is long and narrow, therefore, the seismic loads in the narrow
direction is somewhat comparable with wind loads. The lateral resisting
elements in narrow direction are two sets of 3/4" diameter rod cross bracing.
Obviously the rods only work in tension and not compression. The engineer for
the building has used a "R" Value of 5.6 to determine the seismic loads. This
"R" value is taken from Table 16-N, Building Frame System, Item 4, Ordinary
Braced Frames with Steel.

My questions are: Is "R" Value of 5.6 correct for this steel rod cross
bracing? Is the ordinary Brace Frame consist vertical truss and the members
can take both tension and compression?

It was my opinion that since the rod cross bracing system is not really
defined in Table 16-N, the closest system would be item 1-3 with tension only
brace with "R" Value of 2.8.

I appreciate it someone can try to clear this.

F. S. Rahbar SE