Re: Response Spectrum Analysis

The equations for spectral accelerations for the '97 UBC design response
spectra (Figure 16-3) are as follows:

IF T<To             SA = Ca+1.5*Ca/To*T*g
IF To<T<Ts      SA = 2.5*Ca*g
IF T>Ts             SA = Cv/T*g

Plugging your values into these equations yields:

T(s)       SA(g)
0.000   0.360
0.120   0.900
0.600   0.900
1.600   0.875
2.600   0.850
3.600   0.825
4.600   0.800
5.600   0.775
6.600   0.750
7.600   0.725
8.600   0.700
9.600   0.675

The number of period time steps you use will affect the accuracy of your
analysis.  Because these numbers are fairly easy to generate using a
spreadsheet and computing time is pretty fast these days, I would recommend
using a fairly small time step after Ts.

Jason Emoto