Original Text
From: "Gobo, Gina" <ggobo(--nospam--at)DLRGROUP.com>, on 02/04/2000 11:48 AM:
To: SMTP@MKC38601@Servers["'seaint'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>]

I am doing a response spectrum analysis of a steel covered playground. I am
using an older version of SAP2000 that has the 94 UBC response spectrum
functions for soil types S1, S2, S3. I would like to manually input a
response spectrum from the 97UBC. I understand that when T = 0, Ca = 1.00
and from To through Ts Ca = 2.5. What I am not clear about are the points
in
between. I know that when T>Ts, Ca =Cv/T, but I was not sure what
increments
of T should be used. I just used increments of 1.00. after Ts. I have
generated the response spectrum curve from the 97UBC as follows:

Cv = 0.54
Ca = 0.36

T	Ca
0	1
.12	2.5
.60	2.5
1.6	0.34
2.6	0.21
3.6	0.15
4.6	0.12
5.6	0.10
6.6	0.08
7.6	0.07
8.6	0.06
9.6	0.06

Is this correct? or, should I figure out an equal number of increments from
Ts = 1.6 to T = 10? Does someone have an example function that I could look
at? What parameters are typically used for the response spectrum analysis
using SAP2000?

Thanks in advance,

Gina T. Gobo, E.I.T.
Structural Engineering