Re: Chicago Bookstores and Pizzerias

Charles Greenlaw wrote:

> At 10:24 PM 02/04/2000 -0800, SASQUAKE wrote:
>
> >SEConsultant wrote:
>
> >> PS For those Interested - Lou Malnati's is one of Chicago's better Pizza's
> >> and they deliver nationwide. I order from them often ....
>
> >Dennis,  Do you order the flexible crust or the rigid crust?
>
> >James
> -------------------
> Right, and how do you figure the reliability / redundancy factor on the
> distribution of pepperoni slices? You know, the "Woe" factor. Don't tell me
> you never sausage a thing in pizza design. The more pizzas to the design
> puzzle there are, the better. The supposed "standard of care" is to optimize
> olive the pizzas in the design puzzle. It takes more dough to do these
> complicated designs, hence the need for thicker crusts, which adds rigidity,
> so you have to revise the pepperoni pattern's woe factor again. WRTD stands
> for Woe and Redundancy Pizza Design, but lots of PE's (Pizza Engineers)
> still use Allowable Peperoni Design for less dough. Baloney isn't featured
> in the finished pizzas, but it's spread all through the PC (Pizza Code)
> Commentary and Design Manuals.
>
> Charles O Greenlaw SE   Sacramento CA

Wow, Charles!  You really know how to deliver!  Your insights were piled high,
one upun another.  It looks like cheesing between WRTD and APD could still be a
toss-up, though.  I'm not sure one or the other is always the yeast cost way to
go.  And I liked your Dominoes theories.  But don't forget, when you want
Calzone, you must take into consideration the effects of overturning.

According to the International  Baking Code, at 2,000 degrees, your pizzas will
only be half-baked.

PS:  Yogi Berra was asked once if he wanted his pizza cut into six or eight
pieces.  He answered:
        "Just cut it in six, I don't think I could eat eight."

  James Bela