Re: Chicago Bookstores and Pizzerias

I've lived in Chicago my whole life, and I'm a second-generation
structural engineer.  Don't expect more bookstores here for engineering
than you would find at any mall in any town.

Kroch's & Brentanos is gone.  Chandler's is closed and the building torn
down.  Aside from the university bookstores - which cater to the
syllabus of the current courses - you're looking at Barnes & Noble,
Waldenbooks, and the other megachains.  There are a couple used
bookstores (Powells, for example) that might have some things of
interest.  There is the Prairie Avenue Bookshop (711 S. Dearborn St.),
but it really focuses on architecture, not engineering.  Similarily, the
Chicago Architecture Foundation has a bookshop at 224 S. Michigan Ave.
that also focuses on architecture.

Enjoy your visit to Chicago.