Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Tension Reinforcement for Piles

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
To transfer tension from the pile to the cap for a pipe pile, I will fasten
(weld or bolt thru) an uplift plate to the pipe pile and extend it into the
cap. I would not rely on dowels in the concrete. I am a little concerned
with the bond between the concrete and the inside of the pipe pile. (Can
anyone say shrinkage?)

Randy Russ, P.E.
Russ Engineering Group, Inc.
Baton Rouge, La.
-----Original Message-----
From: George Ghaly <George.Ghaly(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint(--nospam--at) <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Date: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 7:37 AM
Subject: Tension Reinforcement for Piles

>Usually for concrete augered piles, tension (uplift ) is transferred from
pile cap to
>the pile using reinforcing bar in the center that extend the entire length
of each pile.
>What is the best way to transfer tension to concrete filled (steel pipe)
>Thank you in advance,