Friction primer

Ed,

I would be very cautious about using structural steel to house a swimming
pool.  I had the opportunity (?) to inspect the steel structure enclosing a
swimming pool and the steel was seriously rusted from the high humidity and
chlorine.  Suspended ceiling hanger wires had pulled completely thru flanges.

I don't think that much reliance can be placed on primers, no matter how good
they are supposed to be.  Holidays always occur, and any work performed on or
near the steel can easily scratch thru the primer.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Edward  Jonson wrote:

>>Does anybody know of a primer for structural steel that can be used between
steel plates for slip critical connections?  My project is a pool with
exposed steel framing (painted) with high strength bolts. Thanks.<<