From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 3:49 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: floor plate welding

Anyone have any good rules of thumb for attaching
floor plate to supporting steel.  I have an industrial
building with 3/8" thick floor plate supported at 5'
each way.  The owner wants easy and complete cleanup
so we have continuous seam welds along the joints.  We
have called out 13/16" dia plug welds at 2'-0" on
center along the length of beams.  The erector is
complaining that this is excessive.  I am going to
have him put in what is on the drawings, but for
future reference, does anyone have any suggested
methods of attaching floor plate in this situation?
Thanks,
Ken