RE: floor plate welding[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: floor plate welding
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:26:54 -0600
Continuous seam welding sounds expensive. If that isn't a problem for your owner, OK. But if the floor plates can be placed with tight enough seams, perhaps you can consider using a more conventional welding approach and a good high-performance caulk to fill the gaps.
Just a thought...
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 3:49 PM
Subject: floor plate welding
Anyone have any good rules of thumb for attaching
floor plate to supporting steel. I have an industrial
building with 3/8" thick floor plate supported at 5'
each way. The owner wants easy and complete cleanup
so we have continuous seam welds along the joints. We
have called out 13/16" dia plug welds at 2'-0" on
center along the length of beams. The erector is
complaining that this is excessive. I am going to
have him put in what is on the drawings, but for
future reference, does anyone have any suggested
methods of attaching floor plate in this situation?
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: RE: floor plate welding
- Next by Subject: Re: floor plate welding
- Previous by thread: RE: floor plate welding
- Next by thread: Re: floor plate welding