From: SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 12:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Plan Reuse Fee

I have a project which consists of an eight-unit, three story apartment
building block that will be repeated about 100 times on the same site,
totaling 800 or so apartment units to be owned, built, and maintained as a
rental property by the same developer.

In negotiating the structural design fee, I am asking for a lump sum fee for

the model building plus an additional per use fee for each additional
building to be built on the site. The architect has agreed to waive his
rights to the "reuse fee" and accepted a fee and liability for the design of

the model building only.

The owner wants me to accept the same arrangement as the architect has
agreed
to, but I am not comfortable with that and am about the inform the architect

of my disinterest. Before I do that, I would appreciate some comments from
others who had similar experiences. Remember that these are apartment
buildings and not condominium units. However, my feeling is that it may be
possible to convert the apartments into condominiums in the future.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.