Lateral Force from Pedestrian Movement

Does anyone have a good method of estimating the lateral force from the
movement of pedestrians if they were somewhat walking or swaying in the same
direction?

I have a client with a free-standing balcony.   They have already built it
and now need some help.  We are assuming this large balcony could get people
dancing or swaying at some time in the future.   We are not in a high seismic
zone, so I was not sure what kind of loading we are looking at.  The only
equation we have now is "college town + college kids+alcohol+ thinking you
can sing/dance=problems".  Currently it is a food establishment, but I can
easily see it becoming a bar in the future.

Thanks in Advance

Ron Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL