Re: floor plate welding

In a message dated 2/9/00 9:50:34 AM Mountain Standard Time,
carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com writes:

> Continuous seam welding sounds expensive. If that isn't a problem for your
>  owner, OK. But if the floor plates can be placed with tight enough seams,
>  perhaps you can consider using a more conventional welding approach and a
>  good high-performance caulk to fill the gaps.

I have worked in and industry where full seam welding of the plate was the
only option.  The plant manufactured propellants.  And caulking the joint was
not a positive method of keeping any misplaced product from getting into the
crack and igniting and starting a fire (explosion). So welding may be a
safety issue.

Jay L. Crawford, PE