Re: Plan Reuse Fee

Oshin,

While I hope that you and others on the list don't mean that you are
"liable" when you say that you are "liable," I really don't know what you
mean.  Too many people flippantly toss around the phrases, "accepting
liability," and, "am liable," that it would appear to be second nature to
answer, "yes," if and when they are asked if they are "liable."  Does it have
to be, "I know what you mean, but you don't mean what you say?"

What is a person supposed to "know" if they hear you say to your
wife/husband, girl-/boyfriend, that you are going to "kill them tonight,"
when you really mean that you are going to (planning to) make mad, violent
love?

Discussion on this list can go on ad nauseam if someone uses the words,
"cement" when meaning concrete, "dirt" instead of soil, etc., but there is
little or no discussion about misuse of important words, like, "liable."

Let's get the word, "liable" out of our vocabulary!

I think that you made the right decision concerning the project.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona