Re: Freezer Building Insulated Panels and Diaphragm Action

The best property data is form the mat'l mfr but try www.matls.com
The are several types of nylon...do you know which they are using?
Maybe you can get material certs from the bolt mfr.
regards
Bob

"Jenkins Engineering, Inc." wrote:
I am currently evaluation a construction method of a new client that produces insulated freezer and cooler panels.  I am concerned about the connections of the panels to the superstructure.

Currently, they are using 1/2" diameter nylon bolts at 23" OC, (2 per panels per support).  I have not been able to locate any technical information on nylon bolts - any suggestions?

In the absence of previously developed data, I'll advise of testing of the system plus the individual components.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 2101
Tupelo, Ms  38803