Re: Can we take "liability" out of our d

A similar concern arrises when engineers make a statement that their design
complies with the bulding code.  This typically occurs in the General
Notes.  Another common location is in a SD or DD narrative.

The problem is that this  could be taken as a warranty that the design
complies with the code which can significantly increases the potential
liability for problems.

This problem is very common.   You might want to check the latest set of
drawings your office produced.

Mark Gilligan

George Hakim wrote:

>>Can we take "liability" out of our dictionary?<<

No, but we should take it out of our vocabulary if we don't use the word
with
its proper (legal) meaning.