Re: Welding Tubes

Jake,

This limitation only applies to a lap splice where one of the legs of the
fillet weld is on the *end* of a plate.  It does not apply to a "T" joint
where you are welding against the faces of the elements.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jake Watson wrote:

>>Correct me if I am wrong, but the thickest fillet that can be considered
as effective is the thickness of you thinnest element.  So if you have a
1/4" col, the thickest fillet weld that can be used for calculations is
1/4".<<