Screws for Use in PLywood Shearwalls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Screws for Use in PLywood Shearwalls
- From: "MJL Engineering Ltd." <mjleng(--nospam--at)uniserve.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:27:48 -0800
We are presently designing a plywood shearwall system which would utilize 2 1/2" 10d nails into a 2" x 4" stud. The owner has requested that screws be utilized in lieu of nails.
I do not have any charts giving comparisons of screws for use in shearwalls. We have charts from NER-72 which compare staples and nails but there is no values for screws.
Does anyone know where I could look for this information on screws?
Jamie Lawson P.Eng.
MJL Engineering Ltd.
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Prev by Subject: RE: Save, delete, archive messages
- Next by Subject: RE: Screws for Use in Plywood Shearwalls
- Previous by thread: RE: R=4.5 or 5.5
- Next by thread: RE: Screws for Use in Plywood Shearwalls