From: MJL Engineering Ltd. [mailto:mjleng(--nospam--at)uniserve.com]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 2:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Screws for Use in PLywood Shearwalls

We are presently designing a plywood shearwall system which would
utilize 2 1/2" 10d nails  into a 2" x 4" stud. The owner has requested
that screws be utilized in lieu of nails.

I do not have any charts giving comparisons of screws for use in
shearwalls. We have charts from NER-72 which compare staples and nails
but there is no values for screws.

Does anyone know where I could look for this information on screws?

Jamie Lawson P.Eng.
MJL Engineering Ltd.
Abbotsford, BC, Canada