Re: Screws for Use in PLywood Shearwalls

Grabber self-drilling screws have an ICBO Report (ER 5280)  See Table 4 for
shear wall values.  There are also several ICBO's for diaphragm values with
screws (ER-5053 & ER-5332).  Ensure you review the ICBO for predrilling
requirements, the NDS requires predrilling lead holes for all wood screws in
most wood species.

Hope that helps.

Ron LaPlante
Degenkolb Engineers

"MJL Engineering Ltd." <mjleng(--nospam--at)uniserve.com> on 02/11/2000 11:27:48 AM