Project Impact, FEMA mitigation of natural disasters

'Just got this from Lowe's Storm2000 Hurricane Central --
http://www.storm2000.com

This may be old news, but it's something to watch for.  In this area
(Florida Panhandle), for example, storm insurance premiums are projected to
double in the next couple years.  There will be a modest reduction in
premium (on the order of $100/year) if your home is fully storm-shuttered.

I have already been approached by a sheet metal manufacturer who is
doubling his shop space for the storm shutter market -- I may be designing
some storm shutters.

For you "earthquakers", do you think FEMA will find some way to apply this
legislation to you?

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

MAKING AN IMPACT
A bill to help communities prepare for disasters unanimously passed a
Senate panel. The legislation authorizes and expands Project Impact, the
Federal Emergency Management Agency's program to mitigate the effects of
predictable natural disasters for the next five years.
    http://www.storm2000.com?tag=e_211