RE: Chicago Bookstores and Pizzerias

>>Even San Francisco is disappointing. I expected great things from the
campus
bookstore at UC Berkeley, but was sadly disappointed.<<<

In the San Francisco Bay Area the best store is Staceys in downtown San
Francisco.  The Builders Booksource in Berkeley is another good source but
the collection is more focused on construction, and architectural issues.

At the UC Berkeley  bookstore make check both the text book collection as
well as the general book section.

>>> Best luck I've ever had is in New York. <<<<

I am familiar with the technical bookstores in NYC and it is my opinion
that the available offerings in San Francisco are comparable to those in
NYC.

Mark Gilligan