RE: Shop Splices of Steel Beams

I had a case where the fabricator cut and re-welded a beam to put camber in
it.  I checked with AISC.  They ( I don't remember who I talked to) said
that the weld was not sufficient reason to reject the beam.  I did however
reject it for other reasons.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street