Acoustic problem.

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I've come up with a problem not strictly related to structural engineering. However, I was expecting you could help (also) in this one. It's about an industrial building (steel-framed) full of noisy machines. Problems: 1) Isolation of the building (complaining neighbours) 2) Reduction of the inside noise: there are at least 15 different machines, each with a particular type of noise (and frequency) and the idea is to obtain more favorable conditions for the workers. For the first one I was thinking of some sort of a screen (outdoors), because they usually work with the doors wide open and it would be of no use to totally isolate the walls. And for the second one, I thought of acoustic baffles situated under the ceiling to try to correct the reverberation. I'll be expecting your input in this one. Everything is important: links, books, suggestions... I'm totally out of my usual limits this time, but I said to me, what the heck, let's give it a try! Thanks in advance, Rodrigo Lema.

Do You Yahoo!?
Obtenga su dirección de correo-e gratis @yahoo.com en Correo Yahoo!.