RE: Acoustic problem.

FWIW, I once visited a printing facility that had a lot of noisy equipment.
The building was a tilt up with open roof framing and bat insulation. What I
noted hanging from the ceiling was rough surfaced panels in about a 4' to 6'
grid. Each was about 2' wide and about 3' or 4' long. The walls had standoff
rough panels attached. The panels looked like about 4'x8' in a grid. I was
impressed with the way the noise levels were controlled. I do not know what
they were made of or how much weight they added.
Bob Hanson, S.E.