From: Edward Jonson [mailto:edjonson(--nospam--at)email.msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 12:51 PM
To: SEOC
Subject: Bond Beam Reinf

I have a question about bond beam reinforcement where the masonry wall
is
parallel to the roof joists.  I have called out for the reinforcement to
slope with the ledger angle bolted to the wall, I have also called out
for
the A.B.'s to hook around the sloping reinforcement.  The contractor
wants
to place all reinforcement horizontal and stair step the bond beam.  I
have
told the contractor I want the bond beam to follow the roof.  My
question is
can the mason place the bond beam reinforcement to follow the roof
slope.
The roof slope is 3/8" per foot.  Thank you.

Ed Jonson