RE: glass conservatory.

I have seen where structural glass was used to resist wind.  And you would
have to talk to the good people at Monsanto or others that make structural
glass.

When it comes to seismic, keep in mind that structural resistance to seismic
loads lie in the nonlinear range.  Glass is either linear or broken.  You
would have to analyze at an R of 1.  I have seen some beautiful atriums
framed in steel painted white with diagonal rod bracing.  You might suggest
it.

Regards,
Harold Sprague