Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Acoustic problem.

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
You really should sub this out to an acoustic engineer.  

There is guidance with NCMA on sound walls used
along highways.  Check out their Tek Notes.

Deck manufacturers like Vulcraft make sound absorbing deck.  Check it out.

For general information take a look at Noise and Vibration Control, TM

Harold Sprague

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Rodrigo Lema [SMTP:rlema7(--nospam--at)]
> Sent:	Tuesday, February 15, 2000 4:44 AM
> To:	seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject:	Acoustic problem.
> I've come up with a problem not strictly related to structural
> engineering. However, I was expecting you could help (also) in this one.
> It's about an industrial building (steel-framed) full of noisy machines.
> Problems: 1) Isolation of the building (complaining neighbours) 2)
> Reduction of the inside noise: there are at least 15 different machines,
> each with a particular type of noise (and frequency) and the idea is to
> obtain more favorable conditions for the workers. For the first one I was
> thinking of some sort of a screen (outdoors), because they usually work
> with the doors wide open and it would be of no use to totally isolate the
> walls. And for the second one, I thought of acoustic baffles situated
> under the ceiling to try to correct the reverberation. I'll be expecting
> your input in this one. Everything is important: links, books,
> suggestions... I'm totally out of my usual limits this time, but I said to
> me, what the heck, let's give it a try! Thanks in advance, Rodrigo Lema. 
>   _____  
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Obtenga su dirección de correo-e gratis en Correo Yahoo!
> <>.