RE: Acoustic problem.

You really should sub this out to an acoustic engineer.

There is guidance with NCMA http://ncma.org/home2.html on sound walls used
along highways.  Check out their Tek Notes.

Deck manufacturers like Vulcraft make sound absorbing deck.  Check it out.

For general information take a look at Noise and Vibration Control, TM
5-805-4, http://www.usace.army.mil/inet/usace-docs/armytm/tm5-805-4/

Regards,
Harold Sprague