Re: Shear Flow

Gina,

Inorder to apply the formula, you have to transform one of the material to
the other. If you select steel as your material then transform the wood into
steel by dividing the width of the beam by the modular ratio n (Es/Ew).  Then
calculate your sectional properties of the transformed section.

If you choose wood as your material then transform the steel into wood by
multiplying the b or Q or I by modular ratio n.

Hope this will help.

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.

In a message dated 2/14/00 11:48:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,