Holddown Eccentricity

I received a call from my Simpson Representative this morning. He wanted to
stop by this Thursday to drop off the latest results from the testing that
Simpson did on the concern of holddown eccentricity and post failure.
The report draws attention to the issues that the shearwall was not
considered a "system" when the concerns were voiced. As a "system" the
plywood sheathed panels performed much better than the post and holddown
alone. The failure, as was related to me, occurred in the edge nailing of
the sheathing far earlier than a failure in the wood column.
This seems to alleviate some of the concerns that the engineering community
had regarding holddown failure (or should I say post failure) due to the
eccentricity of the anchor to the center of the post.
Do any of you have any other information? I have not seen the test results
yet and will make a determination when I have a chance to review the data.
However, I am interested in hearing from others on this issue.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax