RE: required live load for bank lobby

I did a bank vault a number of years ago and I recall
that the insurance co. required it to be something
like 1'-6" thick concrete walls and roof and floor
each with three layers of rebar at 4" each way -
staggered.  That was quite a bit heavier than 100 psf.
 I assume that your new vault is not constructed like
this or someone really messed up the calculation.  I
might be confused here, but it sounds like you are
trying to compare the vault dead load with the
original floor live load capacity - which doesn't make
sense.  Obviously the vault will need live load
capacity also.

I agree that they are probably going to be adding
beams, columns and footings.
Ken