Office Communication Challenges

I work in a small office that recently expanded from 1 to 3.  I have noted that nearly every problem that has come up in project work can be attributed to a communication break-down between the Principal, myself, and the drafter.  One of the most nerve-racking instances is when the drafter starts pulling details and sections off other jobs, and I'm not clear what has come from the Principal, and what comes from the drafter.  I have suggested color coding or layering to the drafter several times, but he just does not do it.  Before I wring his neck about it, I thought it would be good to see what solutions others have come up with.

Another, much less common, source of confusion it when preliminary ideas are misunderstood as finished designs.  Other problems occur when three different people are talking to the client.  I'd like to hammer out some rudiments of an office procedure before the season is hot & heavy on us.  Of course, the challenge is always to spend *less* time on projects, not more.  Maybe the best solution is to simply take an hour (still very hard to come by) at the end of a project and review together... any ideas or experiences shared much appreciated, as always.

Regards,
Ed Fasula EIT