Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap
- From: SASQUAKE <sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:16:36 -0800
- Delivered-to: fixup-seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org@fixme
Try this. Fyfe was one, if not "the one", of the pioneers. I saw the 5 story concrete building at UCSD that was psedu-statically tested. After "failure", they fiber-wrapped it; and the strength was greater than the initial strength. Ed Fyfe is also a personable guy and very helpful. A lot has been used here in Oregon.
That's a wrap!
Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM
/ The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing to Fear But Shear Itself" / "We're All Subducting In This Together"
"Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness." -- James Thurber
"James Lane, P.E." wrote:
Looking for information regarding retrofitting some existing concrete floors
with carbon fiber wrap. Who is the main carbon wrap fiber vendors? Who is
the athority on the design? Point me in the right direction.
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org
- Concrete Carbon Wrap
- From: James Lane, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap
- Next by Subject: Concrete Carbon Wrap
- Previous by thread: Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap