Re: Concrete Carbon Wrap

Try this.  Fyfe was one, if not "the one", of the pioneers.  I saw the 5 story concrete building at UCSD that was psedu-statically tested.  After "failure", they fiber-wrapped it; and the strength was greater than the initial strength.  Ed Fyfe is also a personable guy and very helpful.  A lot has been used here in Oregon.

That's a wrap!

http://www.tyfosfibrwrap.com/prod01.htm

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /      The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing to Fear But Shear Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"
           "Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness."  -- James Thurber

"James Lane, P.E." wrote:

Looking for information regarding retrofitting some existing concrete floors
with carbon fiber wrap. Who is the main carbon wrap fiber vendors? Who is
the athority on the design? Point me in the right direction.

James