Firewall Construction

I am trying to understand the general requirements  and details for firewall construction.  All the firewalls I have designed were masonry and were restrained near the top of the wall.

Have any of you used insulated panels, (metal skin /foam insulation), for firewalls?  I have a spec sheet from a supplier that indicates that they can get 3 hours on their panel.

This project involves a large freezer structure with a firewall down the middle - (project is still preliminary - I'm not sure yet if this is really a firewall or an area separation wall).

Assuming the panel indicated above will work, could we achieve a four hour wall by using 2 panels with some separation between the panels, say 3", but attach each panel to its separate structure?

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.