From: Jenkins Engineering, Inc. [mailto:jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 7:37 AM
To: seaint
Subject: Firewall Construction

I am trying to understand the general requirements  and details for firewall
construction.  All the firewalls I have designed were masonry and were
restrained near the top of the wall.

Have any of you used insulated panels, (metal skin /foam insulation), for
firewalls?  I have a spec sheet from a supplier that indicates that they can
get 3 hours on their panel.

This project involves a large freezer structure with a firewall down the
middle - (project is still preliminary - I'm not sure yet if this is really
a firewall or an area separation wall).

Assuming the panel indicated above will work, could we achieve a four hour
wall by using 2 panels with some separation between the panels, say 3", but
attach each panel to its separate structure?

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.