Bent column

Greetings,

I’ve inspected a damaged roof column on one of my projects which I am the EOR. Concrete tilt-up building w/panelized roof system. The building is under construction and the roof is in place. The column is a TS6x6x3/8 (unsupported ht=26’) and was struck by a forklift bending it approx ½" max at 6’ above top of slab. No local deformation noted at the point of impact. There are several cracks propagating from the anchor rods through the grout under the base plate.

I’m thinking of removing the grout and pull-testing the anchor rods. The column will easily calculate with the new eccentricity. But haven’t the material properties of the column changed locally due to the plastic deformation? And how does this affect column behavior?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Jess